Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Toronto: Trevor Kitchen and Bar


who said a good man is hard to find?

:St. Lawrence Market:



Trevor is one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto because it always delivers, the food at least. The service can be hit or miss. For some reason I always get stuck with the girl who hates her job, but loves herself.  I find her so insignificant compared to the food so I always go back.  

Since it opened in the fall of 2006, I have dined there about a dozen times, and popped in for drinks a handful more. The basement venue is dimly lit and cozy. I would describe it as comfy-chic.

Trevor is a more affordable and trendy dining alternative.  Two of my favourite things are the truffle goat cheese poutine and the trio of mini kobe burgers with garlic truffle mayo. Truffles are decadent and earthy and, if used wisely, an indulgent addition to a dish.





Trevor also has several foie gras selections.

Here’s one from 2008. I don’t remember exactly what it was, but to this day it is one of my fondest memories. I believe that’s a berry jelly or compote of sorts, and I’m pretty sure that’s pork belly under there.

I’m also not chocolate’s greatest fan, but Trevor has a dark chocolate peanut butter cake that is ridiculously good. No words do it justice.



I never count calories when I eat here. My favourite person to go with is my friend Saltine - you first met her when I celebrated the start of summer with her at Torito.  I’d describe her as a trendy artsy type who has a sophisticated eye and classy palate. Her appreciation for good food parallels mine – we don’t skim on carbs or worry about fat content. The focus is on keeping our stomachs happy and Trevor does just that.

Trevor Kitchen and Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.