Monday, July 22, 2013

New York: Big Gay Ice Cream

finding unicorns
:East Village:


Finding a soft serve ice cream I like is as rare. Not impossible, but definitely difficult. I'm not much of an ice cream person. Recall here

After Crif's we needed something sweet. It was fate then that Big Gay Ice Cream was just around the corner. It was about 25 minutes from the time we stood in line to the time I was eating a Salty Pimp. I'm never going to get sick of saying it. Makes me laugh every time. It was also the most appealing because I don't say no to dulce de leche.

I first read about Big Gay Ice Cream when it was just a truck - the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Then they opened a store and called it Big Gay Ice Cream. G*awd, I love their simplicity. 

Friendly staff to keep you company as you wait in line.
The line goes fast, as each ice cream is made to order.
Be patient. It's ice cream. It's meant to be a happy experience.
Their menu starts with simple soft serve - vanilla and chocolate - as the base for some wacky and wonderful toppings like Nilla wafers, sea salt, cayenne pepper, etc., to create some sinfully good treats blessed by gay-friendly names like Bea Arthur, Mermaid, Mexican Affo'gay'to...

Did I already say I got the Salty Pimp. I did, didn't I. I'll say it again...Salty Pimp is vanilla soft serve injected with dulce de leche, sprinkled with sea salt and dipped in chocolate. You want a Salty Pimp don't you? You probably even just said it out loud didn't you? It's okay, say it again, no one's listening.

Salty Pimp
It was like eating ice cream under a rainbow with munchkins and fairies. Magically delicious.


Big Gay Ice Cream Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.