Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vancouver: Vivanty's

real fresh
:Fairview:


You may not know this, but between Monday and Friday, at around lunch time, I take a  moment. I sit in my office and remember those days of lunch past. The first thing that always comes to mind is Dinah's. The second is my Starbucks at the corner of Bay and Cumberland. That was THE BEST Starbucks. The Starbucks near my current work sucks. I know, I sound like a bratty teen, but maybe these teens got that right. A simple sentence that packs a powerful punch. 

All of this is really just to say, I want to be served coffee with a genuine smile and I want a cheap and cheerful lunch. That's all I really wanted for Christmas. It's easier said than done, but for the past month I have been obsessed with this:

Spiced Chicken & Romaine Salad
suey choy, pickled carrot, green onion, edamame, radish, ginger chili dressing
Last week I ate it three four times. Then I had it again yesterday. I'm probably going to have it again on Friday.

I've also tried the spiced wild albacore tuna salad, and several of the grilled ciabattas - all good. Nothing has yet to disappoint. But the spiced chicken is my favourite. It's a perfect salad for $9.98. That's 50 percent more than what I paid at Dinah's but again, I'm here not there. While my new years resolutions do not include "stop complaining about Vancouver", I intend to make a concerted effort to embrace how it is in Vancouver, and how it is, is more expensive.

I agree with Ceecee, Vivanty's is good but not worth it. However freakishly fresh and tasty it is, you could easily make it yourself; it'd probably be better, it'd definitely be cheaper. But that requires effort I don't yet have. So for now, I will spend $10 on this for lunch. That's just how it is.

Vivanty's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.